Friday, March 14, 2008

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha

Part Two His name was Alan, and I was in love. The competition was getting more intense every day. Do you know how hard it is to get the attention of a boy when two other girls are competing with you? And to top it off, they were more outgoing than I was. Only a small share of attention came my way. But I thought I had died and gone to heaven when he was placed in the desk right next to me a few weeks later, and the other two moved to new desks in the room. Ha! I was trying to get the nerve to ask him to Sadie's (a high school dance, girls choice), but I was too scared. He was so nice, sometimes he even walked me to my locker after class. He was paying attention to just me during those walks. Yes! I thought I just might have a chance with him. Then that fateful day came...I had gotten to school early one day, and I was killing time walking the halls till the bell rang. Then I saw him and he wasn't alone. He was with a cute brunette with his arms wrapped around her. They were both laughing, looking like they were having a good time. I'll never forget that day, I was crushed and mad all at the same time. Here he was, with this cute girl, and he never mentioned a girlfriend to us doting girls in 5th period. Her name was Marsha, and she looked like all the other rich girls in school-- wearing a darling purple mini-dress with a white collar. She had on white knee-hi's and penny loafers with shiny pennies. Typical. She was cute, rich, and had the boy of my dreams' arms wrapped around her. I was furious! How dare he? Was he just leading me, JoLene, and Cozette on? When 5th period rolled around I couldn't even look at him. He could tell that something was up because I wasn't even giving him the time of day. Then he asked...What's wrong? Then it happened...it wasn't even planned...I didn't mean to, but I did a very childish thing...I stuck my tongue out at him. Not just a little stick out of the tongue... No, it was the whole tongue! He had no clue. Why did she do that he probably wondered? What's got her panties all in a bunch? I was mad, disheartened, and crushed. How could he be unfaithful to his girlfriend? From his walking me to my locker, flirting with me in class as well as the other two girls. I don't really remember what happened after that. I know that I came to accept the fact he had a girlfriend. We remained friends. JoLene even asked him to Sadies, I found out later, but he turned her down. Marsha hadn't asked him yet but he knew she was going to. I knew better than to even try. The term ended and we went to new classes, and there went my chance to see him everyday. So I thought.

5 comments:

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Oh gosh! I would have been so crushed too!

Shame, shame on that mean old Alan (oops, I mean my sweet daddy)

Then Mike started hanging out with these cute girls, and no, I never had a chance.

But I don't mind because Ryan eventually came along.

Then I got asked on a lunch date in college by the very same Mike I had a crush on since jr high.

All it took was a flash of my engagement ring, and "well too bad, you had your chance in high school,"

Troy said...

Who knew that Dad was a ladies man!

Jen said...

Kris I am really enjoying reading your story. I have heard bits and pieces but not all of it. You are such a jokester, you are a fantastic writer. I just can't wait to read the next part and the next and ..... Thanks for telling us your story!

Jen said...

Kris thanks for sharing your story. I have really been enjoying reading it. I can hardly wait to read the next part, and the next and the .....
You are a jokester! You are a fanastic writer! Love from here to there.

Jen said...

And the romance begins! How fun to read, what a great title!