Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Getting Started

Hi, Well I'm finally getting started with our blog.  With the encouragement of our daughter Heather, and her expertise in setting up blogging, we're on board.  First of all, I, Kris, have a hard time- taking time- to write. I like reading other people's entries because they are fun to read.  I might as well mention right now, I am a boring writer!  That's a fact!  Heather, Tracie, Cheryl, Austin-in my book you rock in the writing area.  But, on the other hand,  this will be a first in journal writing for me.  I do have a hard time in finding fun and interesting words to make my writing worth reading.  So if you end up reading my blogs it will be just because you love me. Right?  NO frills here, or fancy entries, or even pictures.  I have yet to learn how to post pictures.  My dear husband has yet to teach me how to maneuver through iphoto. I need to sit down and learn, which those of you that know me, I have a hard time just sitting down. So let the blogging begin.......

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love it!!! So excited to read. And you are not a boring writer.

I'd be happy to come help you with all of the ins and outs of blogging.

Can we hear a Woot Woot for Kris!!!

Austin said...

Hooray! Welcome to BlogLand, I know your stay will be memorable and fun.

And I agree with Cheryl on you NOT being boring. Though I haven't known you as long, I have NEVER thought ANYTHING about you was boring! And besides, we become better writers by WRITING! here's to many more posts from y'all!

Tracie said...

Yay! Mom has finally joined us in BlogLand. Welcome! And, Mom, I, as an editor and a writer, I have always thought that you were a good writer. Your mechanics may not be the best (but neither are Austin's, another excellent writer), but that's not what makes a good writer. You write with freshness and real emotion and character. When I read things from you, I can hear you. And that makes me smile. The best writing always sounds like it comes from a living, breathing person. And yours does that.

Anyway...I'm excited to read entries. And I can show you to work things as well. I'm only a phone call away. ;)

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Mom-

WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!


SO Happy to hear from you personally!

Welcome Welcome Welcome to blogland!

And I also agree with Tracie. And that is what will make me visit.

And not only cause I love you, but also miss you and want to hear all about Mom!

Troy said...

Yeah. Looking forward to reading all about you and Dad. Thank you for sharing.