Sunday, March 16, 2008

Footsie in the Dark

Part Three Second Term--Driver's Ed. Three classes were brought together in one huge classroom, and who should be in that class together? Me, Alan, and Marsha, but I got the better end of the deal. Marsha was placed way at the end of the classroom, and in the back too. Now here's the best part....I sat right next to Alan right by the door, and just the two of us were together at the same table. How could I be so lucky? The boy of my dreams all to myself for one class period. I looked forward to fifth period all day. The class was interesting and gross at times, but the fun part was when the lights went out. The lights would go out and the room would be completely dark except for the movie. And get this---Alan would play footsie with me during the gross movies! Yes, he was still flirting, and now under the nose of his girlfriend. I felt a little guilty (only a little) because Alan's girlfriend was not too far away. She had her spies out though, keeping an eye on the two of us. The so-called spies would try and listen to what we would talk about, but I don't think that they ever found out about the footsie part. Marsha became jealous of us, and rightly so, because Alan and I were becoming good friends. We would share a lot about ourselves and I remember wishing that he was my boyfriend, not Marsha's. Alan made me feel comfortable about opening up about myself, which was the first time that I had ever done that. When he shared things about himself I thought that his life sounded so full and exciting. All the adventures and experiences that he had made my life sound so dull and boring, which it was. He was wonderful I thought and I was falling hard for him. He remained true to his girlfriend, but she was consumed with jealously of our friendship together. Alan and Marsha would be together in cross hall during lunch just hanging out, and I would walk by on my way to the cafeteria and say "hi" to them. He would say "hi" back but Marsha became so mad she would say (I found out later) "Why don't you just go after her!" I wish that he would have.

5 comments:

Austin said...

Fun story! And so cute. keep it coming!

Troy said...

Love the story, mom. I am imagining you and Dad back in the day. Great writing!

Jen said...

I agree with Austin keep it coming!It's like being given a dessert and not being able to eat it.

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Sounds like Dad eventually did what Marsha told him to do:

"to go after her."

Maybe you might be able to thank Marsha after all these years?

Now I just remembered, Ryan and I also played footsies where we met at Camp Liahona as counselors! Only I was the one with the boyfirend which I promptly dumped when I got home.

Weird. My young love life story is becoming more like yours with your stories.

Keep them coming so I can see how much more it is the same to mine!

Tracie said...

I can't believe Dad played footsie..at school...with someone NOT his girlfriend....and worse of all, with SHOES. lol. Who does that? Mom, Dad definitely should've been with you. But then you wouldn't have this funny story to tell. ;)