Sunday, August 3, 2008

We Love Being Grandparents

Being a grandparent is the best.  Dad and I have the cutest, smartest, most lovable, adorable, funniest, grandkids of all.  Hands down, no need to argue with us.  It's a given.  We are just getting a good start to our family of grandchildren.  Dad and I are so excited about the new arrival that will be coming to our brood of grandkids.  Our newest addition will be here in just a few short weeks.  Recently we had a baby shower for Jessica and Trent's little one.  I can hardly contain myself with the excitement of a new granddaughter.   And she will be right up there with the rest of them.  She will be darling (of course) and smart, adorable, funny, and very loving. I have many people tell me that Trent and Jess will be wonderful parents.  Of course, we all ready knew that.  We have had so many fun and enjoyable times together with our grandchildren and look forward to many more.   We just recently had a great visit with Maddie and Eric. Eric just finished his swim lessons and has no fear of the water.  He tried to show me how to swim in the bath tub. I was laughing just watching him. I got to play house with Maddie and Eric.  I was the mom of course.  Maddie was the teenage daughter (so she told me) and her name was Roxie, and Eric was Josh the little brother. Maddie wanted to play house very spare minute.  Oh what imaginations!  We watched Maddie  swim her heart out at the meet and we all cheered for her.  She worked so hard to get to the Jr. Olympics.  Troy and Jen also sacrificed to help her achieve her goals by taking her to her practices everyday. They deserve a  gold medal.  We visited Yosemite National Park and saw many beautiful sights.  The California fires dampened the view a bit, but it was still beautiful.  
We visited with Seth, Cade, Leah and Matthew in May and loved being there for Seth's birthday and ordination to the priesthood, and celebrating Matthew's birthday.  We loved the beauty of the mountains and surroundings on our tour of the canyon.   Seth and Cade are dare devils on the bikes, makes grandma nervous. Seth and Cade are good athletes.  Leah is a beautiful dancer.  Matthew is an athlete in training, he's on his way of being just like his brothers.  Heather and Ryan deserve a medal too, with all the running around they do with the kids. Four kids in four different places -whew!  We have had many sleep overs with Tyson, Preston, and Mason this summer.  Each of them had their own weekend with grandma and grandpa-- Shopping, picnics in the canyon, slip'n sliding, late nights with movies and popcorn, playing in the park, all kinds of fun. Tyson is a great reader and very smart, just ask him, he'll tell you. :) Preston can count to fifty, and he can, he told me, and oh, he's a cuddle bug.  He's excited about starting school soon.  Mason, he's the one that keeps everyone in line, and is very obedient.   We love being with our grandkids.  We are looking forward to more grandkids coming in the future.  I have Mocha as my surrogate grandchild from HayLee and Justin (until they are ready for a baby in their family).  It's okay, I love that dog, he'll always be a part of the family. :)
I wish that my own children could have experienced what our grandkids our experiencing with us.  They have grandparents that are great, and I wish they could have spent more time with them, to get to know them even better. Grandparents are important to a child's life and every child should have the opportunity to feel the love of a grandparent.  Heavenly Father knew that we needed families. Aren't we lucky!  We have great grandchildren. 

4 comments:

Jen said...

So glad you both came out. It meant a lot to Madeleine and to us. We always enjoy your visites and truely feel loved! Thanks for a grandparents love weekend as we call them, they are always just what the doctor ordered. I am so grateful to have parents like you in my life. Thanks for your examples and you love!

HayLee said...

Mocha misses you too. I can just tell. :)

Tracie said...

Yay! Mom updated! Finally!

Yes, you are great grandparents. And of course you have great grandkids.
I can't wait to have my own children for you to spoil. ;)

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

I was just about to demand on an email that you update, and then I checked my blog first and

YEEEEHHHHHAHAHHAHHYYEEEEEE!

finally!

I like how you covered all the different visits and experiences with all the grandkids, and get your perspective!

It is possible that in 11 years, I will be a grandparent! (that is, if Seth married right after his mission, and had a baby approximately 9 months later)

Thanks for being a great grandparents and coming to see us this year.

WE are looking forward to end of Sept/Beginning of Oct fall break in Utah, WHoo!