Monday, August 11, 2008

Ready-Set-Hike

It's that time of year again.  Football games.  It's also time for Mom's stomach to be in knots for the school year. Whether it's football or wrestling, the knots are there.  And it doesn't matter that I've been doing this for many years, starting with Troy at age 6.  You would think that it would get better.  Nope.  I love watching my kids in their activities of choice.  Taylor is my last child for me to watch, only 2 more years left.  Then I will move on to grandchildren. Taylor has been putting in the time to be ready for the games, he started conditioning in June, Monday through Thursday.  Last week he went to Unity camp in Idaho for a week.  Now this week he has 3-a-days.  Thank goodness he has his license. Last year I was running him to the high school all day.  His first game this year is on September 4th against Timpanogos High School.  He has his blue/gold scrimmage game this Saturday the 16th, this is where the team plays a few scrimmage games for the parents to watch.  His coach told him that he will be a starting player for the team, which made him feel good about all the hard work that he has put forth this summer.  He's a good player.  I'm excited to watch him.  I love football!

3 comments:

Austin said...

Go Taylor! We're excited for him and proud as well.

HayLee said...

Tay's so hot!

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Wow, Taylor turned into a great looking football stud!

Seth just started flag football, and it is beating the crap out of him from all the conditioning and practices he has been going to. Just waiting for the growth spike to happen like it did for Taylor.

In two weeks my life is either over, or I live in the car. Soccer/baseball/football/dance is here for the next few months.